Saturday, June 17, 2006

Lucky Meal

I think I am the most lucky person in the lab.

Just after 9 months working here, I had a free treat from my boss!

While others need at least 1.2 months to get this golden oppotunity!!

And it's a international buffet lunch at Coffee Lounge inside Goodwood Park Hotel, which I don't have much chance to go unless somebody volunteerily to pay :P

Well, since I sat quite far away from my boss, I actually enjoy the meal quite well hehe... (yes, eventhough he was not talking about work all the time, it's still moodless to eat with your boss rite?)

Okay, back to the food.

Since it's a buffer lunch, we don't expect a wider selection of food variety here. But as I can't eat much for the lunch, even if you just take one spoon/slice of each food, I am sure you still can feel very very full after all... well, honestly I didn't taste all foods, bcos too full haha...

One amazing food tat's seldom found in other normal buffet is bak kut teh!! Hah, everybody so surprise to see such local food in buffet, cos normally just laksa kind of local food rite? But this bak kut teh don't have its 'supposingly should has' kind of smell... I tasted a spoonful of soup from my labmate's pot, hmm.... tasteless as expected!

Another point I don't like was they don't have anykind of sashimi!! Disappointed. The only closer one was the smoked salmon, but I still prefer the raw salmon! :(

So conclusion is the dessert was much better than their main course! Which is true after I heard from a fren afterall that they are famous of their dessert actually!

Well, I like their cakes. The cheese cake is very to my liking, not those too cheesy feel as in Delifrance (scary!) but very balanced cheese taste! One of the cake was pinkish color which was actually made of yogurt, quite a special taste, not too sour plus a bit of sweet, yummy! Every slice of strawberry tart had a giant strawberry on top, YUM YUM!! And not to say their choice of ice cream -- Movenpick caramel ice cream, simple delicious! But don't ever choose the Lime flavour if you have any gastric problem, it's extremely sour, till I can feel my sculp turn itchy feeling haha...Too bad don't have their hotel famous durian puff!!

Oh! With weekday lunch rate is just $24.80++, I think it's such a good deal! And not to say the restaurant has a very good ambience as shown in the picture. :)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home